- This event has passed.
COURSE: Autumn Nature in the City
October 5, 2016 - November 5, 2016£89
Glorious autumnal colours, berries, fungi, migrating birds and the deer rut are just some of the natural history spectacles of autumn. Discover more on this course which includes three field trips within London. The first two sessions will take place in the classroom at City Lit on a Wednesday evening 19:40 – 21:40. The next three sessions will be Saturday fieldtrips from 11:00 – 13:00.
Over a total of 5 sessions (2 classroom, 3 fieldtrip) the following topics will be covered:
• Phenology: the study of seasonal natural events
• The science of leaf colour changes in plants
• Fungi ecology and identification
• Bird migration; when, why and how
• Ecology and identification of birds present in London in the autumn and winter
• Hibernation; the costs / benefits and the species that do it
• Animal behaviour; the deer rut
For more information and to book please visit City Lit – Wild London: Autumn nature in the city